Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Cross

I'm still alive!!! Just neglecting my poor little piece of cyberspace. I'm going to have to treat it better. I tell myself, I'll post tomorrow, but before I know it, tomorrow never comes and weeks have passed by. But I've been very busy teaching many classes and holding clubs.

The card today is one from a Big Shot class I taught at Stampin' From The Heart.  It is a very elegant Easter card that is easy to create. It uses a technique I call "quilted embossing". I don't know what the technique is really called or even if there is an official name! If anyone knows, let me know.

The technique is to stack your layers of card stock together in the embossing folder of your choice, then run them all through the Big Shot at once. So on this particular card, there are 3 layers - bigger yellow panel, brown cross, and yellow ring - that are adhered together, placed in an embossing folder, then run through the Big Shot. Have fun with this technique!


Happy Easter to all,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw it called "embedded embossing".