Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BIG SHOTS AND BIRTHDAYS

okay, okay, okay.....I know it's been "forever" since I last posted. I am so sorry. SOOOO, I'm going to post several pics hoping to get back on your good side. Will that work?

First, I had the first of 4 scheduled Big Shot classes at my house on Sunday. We had an absolute blast! It was a total full house AND a surprise birthday party for MOI! Yup, my birthday is coming up and the girls, Janice and Mari, surprised us all with a fabulous lunch, dessert, and wine. We dined on Mari"s delicious chicken curry and stuffed crabs. I must have had two (okay three) helpings of curry and at least 5 stuffed crabs. (can we say piglet!). Janice made a cake in the shape of a cupcake! Very, very cute! We had our choice of white or red wine. Some of us had both! The wine bottles had custom labels celebrating my birthday, which was also Janice's handy work. Just the right touch of class.

AND THEN WE STAMPED..... or I should say broke out the Big Shots. And for some, I mean literally breaking out the Big Shot from it's new packaging. We all do it, buy all this GOT TO HAVE IT STUFF AND PAPER, bring it home to not touch it in forever. Well all the Big Shots and dies are no longer virgins! Yes, they got a good work out. Here is one of the projects. I found the actual project on Splitcoast Stampers. I followed the instructions created by Stephanie Luman. Click HERE for the instructions. We used the Daisy 2 and Flower Layers dies. The DSP is So Saffron and Chocolate Chip. The stamp set is On your Birthday. Sentiments can easily be changed for Mother's Day or even a Get Well card.


Pull up on the top of the flowers and out slides the message card! How cute is that?!



Of course there were other projects as well. Next month's projects will be show stoppers, as well. Don't miss the next class. It's set for May 31st. Those who purchased the Big Shot from me, class is free! Club members $15 and non-club members $20. Space is limited so reserve your spot today.

Break out those Big Shots and get to cutting!

3 comments:

Stampmaiden said...

So Gayle, are you a May baby? Happy birthday! Glad you had a fun celebration with great food and friends!
Linda

Big Sis said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful big shot birthday party. Happy Happy Birthday and many more.

MMora said...

I could kick myself for not signing up for this class, those flower pots are adorable.

Happy Birthday Gayle!!
I hope you have a wonderful day.

MM